PLACERVILLE, CA (4-18-15) – This Saturday night the action resumes at Placerville Speedway with the second event of the 50th Anniversary Red Hawk Casino Championship Season presented by Thompson’s Auto Group. Four divisions are expected to pack the evening roster once again as the quarter-mile bullring on the El Dorado County Fairgrounds continues its most lucrative season.
Saturday’s event will feature the Domco Plumbing 360 Winged Sprint Cars and Limited Late Models together with the Jay’s Mobile Welding Pure Stocks. The three track regulars will be joined by the colorful coupes of the Nor Cal Dwarf Cars. Saturday’s event will be the second point race of the season for the stock car divisions and will be the first points race for the Sprint Car division, all of which are competing for a $2000 champion’s bonus this season.
While the Sprint Cars will make their maiden voyage to earn points towards the season title, the early season point standings for the Limited Late Models have Olivehurst’s Ryan McDaniel topping the roster after his $750 win last Saturday night. Jeff Olshowka of Marysville and Dominic Stone of Folsom are tied for the second and third positions followed by Duane Cleveland of Paradise and Wayne Trimble of Auburn.
In the Pure Stock division, an abundance of entries this year required a semi feature on Saturday night. Dan Jinkerson of Diamond Springs led the 20-lap main event from start to finish to post his first win of the season. Jinkerson leads the early season standings by a single digit over Elk Grove’s Lonnie Leonard. Defending champion Scott Grunert of Woodland is third followed by Matt Tilford of Citrus Heights, Justin Silviera of Rancho Cordova and Rick Grunert are all tired for positions fourth through fifth.
In the Sprint Car division, Colby Wiesz of Colfax won the non-regular points opener last week worth $2000 to the winner. Wiesz is expected to make numerous appearances at Placerville this season. This Saturday look for defending Champion Greg DeCaires to begin defense of the most recent title. DeCaires finished in second last week. Steven Tiner finished third in the feature event followed by Jake Morgan of Fair Oaks, Wilton’s Matt Peterson and Placerville’s Jimmy Trulli.
The grandstands will open at 5 p.m on Saturday with qualifying starting at 6:30 followed by heat races for all four divisions. Adult tickets are $15, Juniors and Seniors are $13, Children are $6 and those under six are free. For additional information on this event check out www.placervillespeedway.com or join the local racing community on Facebook and Twitter and interact with over 5000 fans, drivers and track staff.
Placerville Speedway Fast Facts:
Saturday, April 18. Red Hawk Casino Championship Point Race #2.
360 Sprints, Limited Late Models, Pure Stocks, Dwarf Cars
Gates open 5 p.m. Qualifying at 6:30. Racing at 7 p.m.
Our 50th Anniversary Season Corporate Partners:
- Placerville Speedway is sponsored by the Red Hawk Casino. Located off Highway 50 just west of Placerville Speedway, Red Hawk Casino is the Sacramento area’s premier gambling destination and has been voted Northern California’s Best Casino four years in a row. For information on upcoming entertainment and promotions visit them at www.redhawkcasino.com
- Thompsons Auto and Truck Centers of El Dorado County is the presenting sponsor of the 2015 racing season at the El Dorado County Fairgrounds. Thompsons, a name, family and a tradition of excellence to provide all your automotive sales and service needs at Thompsons Toyota, Thompsons Buick GMC and the new Thompson’s Chrysler Dodge Jeep in Placerville.
- Domco Plumbing and Septic is the proud sponsor of Placerville Speedway’s Sprint Car and Late Model Divisions. Serving El Dorado, Placer and Sacramento County, Domco Plumbing the areas full service plumbing and septic service for all your needs both residential and commercial.
- Jay’s Mobile Welding of Folsom is the 2015 Pure Stock Division sponsor at Placerville Speedway. Jay’s Mobile Welding provides all types of welding fabrication and repairs throughout the Sacramento Valley and El Dorado County.
- ADCO Driveline and Custom Exhaust is Placerville Speedway’s official Fast Time Sponsor for the 2015 Racing Season. ADCO Driveline is celebrating 40 years of service in El Dorado County and is a longtime supporter of local racing in the form of track and driver sponsorship.
- Riebes Auto Parts is a proud partner of Placerville Speedway. Riebes Auto Parts sponsors the Placerville Posse series throughout 2015 as well as the Kid’s Dash events and additional bonus winnings throughout the season to come including the Tribute to Donnie Tilford and the Tribute Al Hinds events.
For additional information and complete results and information visit www.placervillespeedway.com
Like Placerville Speedway on Facebook at www.facebook.com/placervillespeedway
Follow Placerville Speedway on Twitter for event updates @pvllspeedway
Weekly Live Timing: www.race-monitor.com