PLACERVILLE, CA (6-13-15) – This Saturday night the action resumes at Placerville Speedway with the 50th Anniversary Red Hawk Casino Championship series presented by Thompson’s Auto Group. Three divisions will form the evening roster once again as the quarter-mile bullring in what will be the final night of racing prior to the week break to allow for the El Dorado County Fair. Yes race fans, it’s time to get your racing fix to hold you over for the next couple of weeks.
Saturday’s event will feature the Domco Plumbing 360 Winged Sprint Cars and Limited Late Models together with the Jay’s Mobile Welding Pure Stocks. Saturday’s event will be the sixth point race of the season for the Sprint Car division and will be the second points race for the Sprint Car division, all of which are competing for a combined total of $6000 in champion bonus awards this season.
Entering Saturday’s event, defending track champion Greg DeCaires of Elk Grove continues to lead the roster in the Sprint Car division aboard the #4SA Red Hawk Casino machine owned by Placerville’s Dale and Tara Miller. DeCaires is at the helm of a three-way locally based battle among three locally owned teams, all in the hunt for one of Placerville’s richest championship bonuses in history.
DeCaires holds a 25 point lead as returns this Saturday night. Placerville’s Andy Gregg is in the second position while Jimmy Trulli of Placerville is third, just five points back. Mike Benson of Calistoga is fourth, 50, points out of the lead. Kirt Organ of Napa is fifth.
Ryan McDaniel of Olivehurst remains in the point lead in Domco Plumbing Late Model competition. McDaniel has won all but one of Placerville’s point races. The regional dirt track hot shoe is followed by Ray Trimble of Auburn who is 16-points behind the leader. Dominic Stone of Folsom is third, just 19-points out. Eddie Gardner of Sacramento is fourth, 48-points from the lead. Placerville’s Tyler Lightfoot rounds out the top five, 60-points from the top.
In Jay’s Mobile Welding Pure Stock action, Elk Grove’s Lonnie Leonard remains in the lead position in the standings. Defending champion Scott Grunert is second, fifteen points out of the lead. Rick Grunert of Woodland is third overall, 25-points behind his son. Chris Van Roekel of Grass Valley is fourth, 31-points out of the lead while Tim Mack of Diamond Springs is fifth, 35 points from the top.
The grandstands will open at 5 p.m on Saturday with qualifying starting at 6:30 followed by heat races for all four divisions. Adult tickets are $15, Juniors and Seniors are $13, Children are $6 and those under six are free. For additional information on this event check out www.placervillespeedway.com or join the local racing community on Facebook and Twitter and interact with over 5000 fans, drivers and track staff.
Placerville Speedway Fast Facts:
Saturday, June 13 . Red Hawk Casino Championship Point Race #6
360 Sprints, Limited Late Models, Pure Stocks
Gates open 5 p.m. Qualifying at 6:30. Racing at 7 p.m.
Our 50th Anniversary Season Community Partners:
- Placerville Speedway is sponsored by the Red Hawk Casino. Located off Highway 50 just west of Placerville Speedway, Red Hawk Casino is the Sacramento area’s premier gambling destination and has been voted Northern California’s Best Casino four years in a row. For information on upcoming entertainment and promotions visit them at redhawkcasino.com
- Thompson’s Auto and Truck Centers of El Dorado County is the presenting sponsor of the 2015 racing season at the El Dorado County Fairgrounds. Thompson’s, a name, family and a tradition of excellence to provide all your automotive sales and service needs at Thompson’s Toyota, Thompson’s Buick GMC and the new Thompson’s Chrysler Dodge Jeep in Placerville.
- Domco Plumbing and Septic is the proud sponsor of Placerville Speedway’s Sprint Car and Late Model Divisions. Serving El Dorado, Placer and Sacramento County, Domco Plumbing the areas full service plumbing and septic service for all your needs both residential and commercial.
- Jay’s Mobile Welding of Folsom is the 2015 Pure Stock Division sponsor at Placerville Speedway. Jay’s Mobile Welding provides all types of welding fabrication and repairs throughout the Sacramento Valley and El Dorado County.
- ADCO Driveline and Custom Exhaust is Placerville Speedway’s official Fast Time Sponsor for the 2015 Racing Season. ADCO Driveline is celebrating 40 years of service in El Dorado County and is a longtime supporter of local racing in the form of track and driver sponsorship.
- Riebes Auto Parts is a proud partner of Placerville Speedway. Riebes Auto Parts sponsors the Placerville Posse series throughout 2015 as well as the Kid’s Dash events and additional bonus winnings throughout the season to come including the Tribute to Donnie Tilford and the Tribute Al Hinds events.
For additional information and complete results and information visit www.placervillespeedway.com
Social: Like Placerville Speedway on Facebook at www.facebook.com/placervillespeedway
Follow Placerville Speedway on Twitter for event updates @pvllspeedway
Weekly Live Timing: www.race-monitor.com